10 FREE Activities to do in Doncaster this Summer Holiday
Times are hard and even if it wasn't, sometimes the best things in life really are free! Here is your handy guide to 10 FREE activities in Doncaster to keep your kids happy...
Here is your handy guide to 10 FREE activities in Doncaster that your kids will love. Not everything fun has to cost money!
1) A trip to Cusworth Hall -Often described as a jewel in Doncaster’s crown, Cusworth Hall is a beautiful building and park space where the kids can learn and burn off energy.
2) Doncaster Mumbler and Get Doncaster Moving ‘Be A Sporting Superhero’ challenge - this is sure to keep the kids busy and it will certainly tire them out for you too!
3) Danum Gallery Library and Museum - One of Doncaster's recent editions and very popular too. This is the perfect place for a day out, the kids can learn all about the city's history, do a bit of reading in the children's library and then you can end the day with a bite to eat at Cafe 1910
4) Parks and green spaces - Doncaster is certainly not short of these! Every corner you turn there is a beautiful green space waiting for you to explore it. Whether you want to go for a long family walk at Hatfield Moors Nature reserve or want to have a kick about in Sandall Park, there is a green space to suit all.
5) D31 Art Gallery - Is your child a budding Picasso? Then be sure to treat them to a visit to D31 Art Gallery which now has a new home in the Frenchgate Centre, opposite Superdrugs.
6) Doncaster Market is a lovely place to visit when you want to get the kids out of the house for some fresh air. It is a traditional market located in the heart of the city centre and one of the oldest markets around.
7) Walkers Nurseries and Garden Centre - Did you know the garden centre has the most beautiful garden that is completely free for you to walk around. It is the perfect backdrop for beautiful family selfies that you can cherish forever. There is also the lovely new cafe and butcher and fishmonger over at the Nursery too if you got peckish aor needed to stock up on fresh produce.
8) The Yorkshire Hive is a free-admission shopping, dining and entertainment destination located adjacent to the entrance of the Yorkshire Wildlife Park.
The boutique stores are brimming with local artisan products, collectable artwork and inspiring gift ideas.
9) Visit the Lakeside Village and enjoy their range of FREE activities including their Summer of Fun and Games activities, 30th July - 4th September, and their Summer Cinema Screening, 4th August - 25th August.
10) Take part in a range of FREE activities from Doncaster Council's selection of Doncaster Summer Staycation activities.