What's New For 2022
Happy New Year everyone! We hope you have all had a lovely Christmas break and are feeling rejuvenated and re-energised for the year ahead.
What's new for 2022 I hear you ask? LOTS, and we are here to break it down for you so you can get excited and start planning your year in Doncaster. This list is by no means exhaustive and new things will continue to pop up throughout the year so be sure to bookmark visitdoncaster.com and follow us on all our social media to keep up to date with all the latest updates that you need to know about.
- Eco-Power Stadium re-named: You may have noticed that the Keepmoat Stadium has had a name change. The stadium has a new title sponsor and with that comes the new name of Eco-Power Stadium. More info about the name change here: www.visitdoncaster.com/news
- McFly performs live at the racecourse: McFly will be gracing Doncaster with their presence as they perform live after racing next summer at Doncaster Racecourse.
- Paloma Faith Live at the racecourse: Doncaster really is the gift that keeps on giving. All the big names in pop are flooding to our town this year including Paloma Faith who will be performing live after racing in June.
- The Killers performing live at the Eco-Power Stadium: Oh My God, I Can’t Believe It! Kaiser Chiefs will be performing live after an evening of racing for you to sing, dance and jump along to.
- Louis Tomlinson performs live at the Dome: Louis is coming home, finally, for this live performance that we have been waiting for for 2 whole years!
- The Big Jubilee Lunch: Look out for events celebrating the Queen's Jubilee in Doncaster over the extended bank holiday in June 2022.
- 2022 Visitor Guide launch: The 2022 edition of the visitor guide launches early in the new year so keep your eyes peeled for that. Copies will be available in the Tourist Information Centre as well as in various other venues across Doncaster. A digital copy will also be available to download online on our website.
- Rugby League Cup 2021 – This is your chance to experience the biggest and best World Cup ever! Doncaster is so proud to be hosting 3 of the games at the Eco-Power Stadium. Make sure you are part of something HUGE!
- New look Wool Market: A new leisure zone is coming to the Wool Market bringing with it Augmented Reality Darts, Shuffleboard, Arcade Games and the UK’s second ever Duckpin Bowling Alley to Doncaster!
- New Location for Pride: This year will see the return of Doncaster Pride but in a new location! Watch out for more details a little later on in the year!
- Double Take exhibition at DGLAM: ‘Double Take’ is an exhibition with a simple idea, to make connections between artworks from the collections of the Arts Council and Heritage Doncaster. This is just one of many exhibitions coming to the museum this year from January 22nd – April 17th