Halloween Bingo Challenge
Meet the Monsters! They’re here to help you find some spooky things to do in Doncaster this half term.
Take part in a Monster Bingo Challenge!
Can you complete 5 activities in a row, column or diaganol line on our Monster Bingo Board?
Or will you complete all of our Town Centre ‘splat’ activities!
Maybe you can get a full house?!
Download the Monster Bingo Challenge Sheet HERE or collect a printed copy from the Tourist Information Centre, which is on the corner of Priory Place in Doncaster Town Centre.
Share your completed Bingo sheet with us on social media using #DNMONSTERBINGO to be in with a chance of winning prizes!*
We have highlighted things that are FREE so half term needn’t cost a fortune. There are some great events and activities to take part in whether you have 1 week or 2 weeks to fill this half term.
Free Parking in Doncaster Town Centre also available:
- The Market & St George’s Car Parks are FREE Monday to Saturday after 2pm (valid until 31st October 2021)
- Chappell Drive Car Park is FREE on Saturdays
- All other Council Car Parks are FREE after 6pm and FREE on Sundays
Here’s a bit of information to help you complete each challenge:
- FREE/Town Centre Do the ShopAppy Halloween Trail in Doncaster Town Centre. Pick up a Halloween Trail sheet from the Tourist Information Centre and take a walk around Doncaster Town Centre looking out for spooky clues in shops and restaurants!
- Do the Halloween Pumpkin hunt in the Maize Maze at Boston Park Farm. What’s more your ticket still allows you entry to see the farm animals and access to all of their brilliant play areas! Read all about their Spooktacular Event this year and book your tickets here.
- FREE/Town Centre Read a Scary Story or Find the Skeleton bones at the Danum Gallery, Library and Museum. If you’ve not yet visited yet, this is a great place to spend a few hours. There are drop-in events in the Children’s Library during half term with craft activities, art & lego, plus Doncaster museum is home to the Pollington Sarcophagus (read about this here) which is worth a look this halloween!
- Go Pumpkin Picking! Everyone loves PYO Pumpkins and we have loads of places within easy reach nearby. Take a look at our ‘Where to Pick your own Pumpkin’ blog here.
- Have a Halloween Swim! Doncaster Dome is right on our doorstep, with fun for all the family, from parents with toddlers, to teens and tweens who want the fun packed action of the BIG slides!
- Town Centre Play a goulish game at Bake Battle & Roll. Doncaster’s only Board Game Cafe is located in Doncaster Town Centre and has loads of games for all ages to choose from. They also serve a great choice of food. On 27th October, they are hosting a Halloween Quiz Night, with spooky dressing up encouraged! Teams of 1-6 get your quiz name ready!
- Town Centre See a spooky show at the Savoy Cinema in Waterdale, Doncaster Town Centre! If you’ve not yet been to the new Savoy Cinema Doncaster, they’ve got a special Hocus Pocus Kids Club on Saturday 23rd October. See below for information on how you can get discounted parking.
- Visit A Creepy Castle. Take a trip back in time and visit Conisbrough Castle, which has interactive elements as you venture in to the tower and climb the stairs to the top. The kids will enjoy looking around the ruins too. A family ticket is £19.80 (2 adults and up to 3 children)
- Town Centre Enjoy a Halloween Themed Afternoon Tea. Where better to try than The Glass Strawberry, which is on Printing Office Street. This is a great option with kids as they are so family friendly and have great facilities (which we included in our Baby Changing Facilities in Doncaster blog). Their kids Halloween Afternoon tea includes boiling blood, mud, snot & blood sandwiches, rocky horror chocolate, halloween doughnuts and spider muffins! Perfect for kids of any age. You must book ahead though!
- FREE Carve or Paint your own Pumpkin. Did you know that you can pick up a FREE pumpkin at The Lakeside Village this half term and carve it? There are lots of other free halloween activites to enjoy there this half term, as well as their play areas and of course shopping!
- FREE Dress up or Make your own Halloween Costume. Although there is a huge selection of Halloween Costumes to buy (I spotted loads at B & M at Lakeside or Asda recently), you might want to set the kids a challenge of making their own. I love the ideas here in this blog (There’s a great Frankenstein’s Monster Head using a paper bag, as simple as colouring it green and cutting eye holes in it, and a really simple Wednesday Adams outfit! Not sure I could have handled seeing my children as Chucky though!)
- Town Centre Bust some Monster Moves at a Trampoline Park. Flip Out, Doncaster Frenchgate are hosting a Pumpkin Party – Halloween Special on October 31st. The trampoline arena will transform in to a mysterious land…full of ghosts, ghouls and more! Dress up for a free goody bag too!
- FREE Do some Spooky Baking at home. I’ve listed a few great ideas here that I’ve found with some simple halloween baking ideas. A couple of years ago, we just bought some sugar eyes from the supermarket and the kids went overboard with the food colouring! There are some recipes of things to cook with pumpkins too.
- FREE Make a halloween paper lantern. This is a really simple but effective bit of crafting that you can do at home. All you need is some orange pieces of card or paper, scissors, a stapler and glue. Watch the ‘How to’ video here
- FREE Climb the Spiders Web at Sandall Park! Sandall Park has 3 play areas, with the Woodland Trail being to your left as you park in the car park. There’s a big Spider’s Web to climb as well as lots of other great equipment on the trail.
- FREE Do the Monster Design Challenge When you download the Monster Bingo Sheet, you’ll see the Monster Design Challenge. Can you give your Monster a Funky fur pattern? How about a spotty, stripey or swirly design? Fill in your Monster Fact File and share a picture of your completed design with us on social media using #DNMONSTERBINGO to make sure that we see it.
- FREE/Town Centre Do the Spooky Halloween Trail at the Wool Market. From Tuesday 26th – Sunday 31st October 2021 can you work out the clues that the Wicked Witch has placed around the Wool Market? There is also a Spellbound Pop-up escape room over the half term two weeks (charges apply for the Escape Room).
- FREE/Town Centre Go and see Doncaster’s Wall Art. Doncaster is now home to the UK’s longest mural! The mural has been created by Internationally recognised artists, Nomad Clan and is titled ‘Future’s Past and Present’. You can go and see it on Trafford Way (opposite the Train Station).
Can you create your own Wall art at home? Why not use chalk outside to create your own mural?
- FREE Make some Pumpkin Slime. This is an easy one. Pumpkin Slime can be made using the insides of your Pumpkin! All you need is your pumpkin seeds, some Slime Activator (or you can use liquid detergent or contact lense solution), clear glue and food colouring. See the full recipe for Pumpkin Guts Slime here!
- FREE/Town Centre Family Fun Day at Cast. On 30th October there is a FREE Family Fun Open Day from 10am-4pm. No need to book tickets, just head down to Waterdale and enjoy some free activities. There are lots of other things happening at Cast this half term, take a look here.
- Climb the Walls at Hatfield Outdoor Activity Centre. Put your Spider skills to the test and head to the Climbing wall which is £10 per person for a 50 minute, instructor led session (you get 2 climbs). The minimum age is 8 years old and children udner 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Sessions are Monday to Sunday during half term.
- Go to the Creepy Carnival at Yorkshire Wildlife Park. The creepiest carnival around will be in Doncaster this Halloween with live performances, creepy characters, side-show games and family fun crafts. Ticket prices are £21 adult, Child (age 3-15) £19.00. Under 3’s are free.
- FREE Study the moon at night (see if you can spot any witches!). Have a look at the NASA website for activites to help you observe the moon wherever you are.
- FREE Do some ghostly dancing. Anyone else fall in love with Go Noodle last year during home schooling? They have some great spooky party dances for kids to join in with on You Tube. Whether you fancy doing the spooky party dance, learning their ‘bones’ dance or pirate dancing, click here to go to Halloween dances. If you fancy going to a Halloween Party, there are lots happening across Doncaster. Take a look at the listings here.
- FREE Create some Halloween Art at home. There are some brilliant ideas here, from toilet roll monsters, silly bookmarks and halloween puppets. Share your creations and ideas with us using #DNMONSTERBINGO
If you manage to complete a line, a full house, or you tick off all of our town centre ‘splat’ activities share a picture of your Monster Bingo Board using #DNMONSTERBINGO and we will enter you in to the prize draws!
*You could WIN some ShopAppy Vouchers, that you can use in some great venues around Doncaster such as...
- Enigma Rooms
- Artisian & Eco
- Little Devils
- Mercure Hotel
- The Shoe Room Doncaster
- Jaynes Bridalwear
- Knit & Stitch
Download the Monster Bingo sheet here or collect at the Tourist Information Centre
Head over to the October Half Term What’s On Guide here