Shop Local Week 2020
The past few months have been difficut for us all, our local independent businesses included.
The past few months have been difficut for us all, our local independent businesses included. It is so important that we support our small local businesses and buy from them as much as we can. There are so many benefits to doing so including:
1) Local businesses are the backbone of our economy
2) It has a positive effect on the health of the local jobs in your area
3) You'll be surprised to see just how competitive the prices are in your local shops and businesses versu online
4) Independent businesses are run by people, not by boards, stockholders or algorithms so you get personality and character added to your experience
5) Eat Out to Help Out at your local independent restaurants that ar participating in the government's scheme between Monday-Wednesday throughout August for 50% off your food and non-alcoholic drink.
The Shop Local Doncaster campaign is about celebrating the British high street. We’d like to encourage customers to make a safe return to local shops to help support local businesses and in turn the economy.
How you can get involved:
You can support local small businesses in your community by visiting your local high street this week. That could be as simple as popping in to your favourite greengrocer, bakery or florist - or any other local shop.
All this week, we would love it if you could:
- Tell us about your visit/s on social media, using the hashtag #ShopLocaDoncaster and tagging @VisitDoncaster
- Share pictures of local produce you have purchased from Doncaser’s independent businesses using #ShopLocalDoncaster or tag @VisitDoncaster
- Tag your local favourite shops on social media and let them know how much you appreciate them.
We hope that even beyond this week you can continue to support our independent local retailers.