A largely Norman Grade II* listed church with a Tudor chantry chapel. It closed in 1978 and is now in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust.
Displays of local history photographs show how the community and its church have changed from its largely rural setting through the 19th/20th centuries adjacent to an industrial estate to the recently completed modern housing development. Its chantry chapel dedicated to William Rokeby, the son of the local landowning family and once its local priest who died in 1521, is particularly interesting.
No booking required
Uneven surfaces. Narrow aisles.
This event will run in line with local & national government guidelines at the time of the festival. Covid-19 safety measures in place including face coverings, one-way system, social distancing. Visitors might be asked to wait in the grounds if the building's limit is reached.
Contact for the day: Gill Johnson. 07487 300 211