5 Of The Best 18-19 Mar
Just in time for the weekend that lovely Spring weather looks to be leaving us for a pretty unsettled couple of days. Fret not though! We've got lots of ideas to make the most of your Saturday and Sunday in Doncaster this week.
The Rotary Club on Doncaster presents Music at The Minster. An evening of fantastic live in music in the magnificent splendour of Doncaster's beautiful Minster.
Yorkshire Volunteers Band and Corps of Drums perform a concert at Doncaster Minster of St. George, Saturday 18th March at 7:30pm.
Tickets available via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 07766 258345 or in person at the Tourist Information Centre.
£12.50 to include a glass of wine (or soft drink) at the interval.
2. Night Life Highlights
If you're out on the town this weekend, why not check out some of the live music on offer in the pubs and clubs? Here's five of our favourites for this Saturday night:
- Taste Eatery, Waterdale 8pm: 'Nobody's Fault', playing favourites from the 80s to present, rock and pop! If you want to make sure you can enjoy all the tunes, contact Taste to book a table
- The Leopard, West Street 7.30pm: 'Limehouse Lizzy', continuing to keep the spirit of Celtic rock icon Philip Lynott and his band Thin Lizzy alive, well and dominating stages worldwide. The band have also added a tribute into their show to ex-Thin Lizzy guitarist (and world renowned solo artist) Gary Moore
- Cask Corner, Cleveland Street 8.30pm: 'Fargo Railroad Company' playing a broad spectrum of influences into the door from old school thrash metal to easy listening, jazz to blues, rock & funk to folk, country and bluegrass
- Flying Scotsman Tap, Silver Street 9pm: 'No Exit' playing live rock covers with free entry all day every day
- Social, Lazarus Court, 9pm: 'Acoustic Skadom' a 6/7 piece electric-acoustic Ska party band playing all the Ska classics from The Specials, The Beat, Bad Manners, The Selecter and of course Madness
With lots more live music and kareoke across the town centre pubs and bars each and every weekend you're sure to find something to get your toes tapping.
Relaunching this fantastic sporting facility in new Doncaster town centre premises,
For parties of up to 12 drivers - or 24 driver in relay. NIXIM is all about motorsport simulation - pure simulation, that's their reason for existing, they love racing cars, but also have a fun party side.
For more information please call 07729 120900
Whatever you're up to this weekend, have a great one and don't forget to keep us up to date with how you're spending your time in Doncaster, by uploading your pics and using @VisitDoncaster, #visitdoncaster and #doncasterisgreat.
If you represent a venue or are organising an event that you'd like us to include in future '5 of the Best' guides, please contact the TIC by telephone on 01302 734309, on email email@example.com or via our social email accounts (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram @VisitDoncaster).